Spring picks


Spring has finally been here for less than a month (meaning non-winter-coat weather, not “official spring”), and it was time to update my daily make up. So I went to my stash and picked the corals, the oranges and the brighter colors!



Revlon Blush in Classy Coral
I think this is the perfect go-to spring blush color. It's not too in your face, yet it has decent pigmentation. It works with most eye or lips looks. And it's coral, I just love corals.

Lady Polka Perfume
Technically not a make up item, but still part of my every day getting ready routine (even more than make up really, because I will wear a little perfume on days when I say home without makeup). It's a copy of a Mark Jacob dot perfume, of course it's not the same quality at all, but for $5 it does the job.

Maybelline Eyestudio Palette in Irresistibly Ivy
I love the colors in this quad! The middle brown is a typical me color. There's a darker brown that works well for the outer corner and a nice, not too shimmery, highlight. And there is that nice turquoise/blue color that I use from time to time, to add a pop of color.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
I love this lip butter line. Most of the colors I own are really nice (except for one that is weirdly sparkly), plus they are moisturizing. This orange color looks spring appropriate, without being over the top.

L'Oréal Paris Color Infallible in Goldmine
A golden eye shadow is something that can look quite summery when paired with the right makeup. The shadow itself have a really nice consistency, even if it has more glitter than I would like.

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Yu
When I think of bright lipsticks for the spring/summer, it is colors like Nars Yu I think of. It's super bright and happy, plus the Nars satin lip pencil are super long wearing.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral
This one might not be extremely pigmented, but when it comes to cheeks, I think that sometimes less is more. It is a cream blush, which makes it good for a fresh and dewy look. And, you know, it's a springy color, so I wearing it.

How do you change your make up for spring? Are corals and oranges your go-to colors too?

9 comments :

  1. I love your picks! I think coral looks great on a lot of skintones, and spring is a great time to wear the colour. I also want to say that your photos are composed really well and they're really inspiring me to work on my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I love taking pictures for my blog, so that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Nice picks! I looovveeee the maybelline palettes :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I'm with you! There's something about spring and summer that makes me turn to corals and pinks, for makeup in particular. I also choose more natural looks these seasons, just a bit of mascara, blush and lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, light makeup for the warmer weather is perfect!

      Delete
  4. The NARS lip pencil is such a stunning shade! These are great choices! I need to find that L'Oreal Infalliable shadow. I love gold shadows! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Best of the Blogosphere! It's always great to see your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the orange lipstick. I'm dark skinned and can actually pull that off. Thanks for linking up at the Best of the Blogosphere Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a pale peachy eyeshadow with copper in the crease. Oranges can be so flattering especially to those of us who are very pale!
    Bobbyanne x
    PromisingBeauty.blogspot

    ReplyDelete